Detalles del trabajo
Descripción del trabajo
HP Inc. is embracing data as a corporate asset and strategically investing in transforming our Data Management eco-system to realize its full value. While transforming the company toward digital capabilities, the availability, consistency, and quality of our data become increasingly more important.
HP’s Enterprise Data Management (EDM) office is chartered to create a consistent and unified data strategy and delivery, while shifting our culture in how we think about and manage our data assets. In doing so, we are approaching this effort through several objectives, including:
- Building trust for the business through data quality
- Establishing data accountability, clarifying responsibilities, and single systems of record
- Measure data quality, set goals/thresholds, develop processes/people/systems to enable continuous improvement
- Build confidence and efficiency with data users and consuming applications
HP’s EDM office is growing our team and actively seeking individuals with the right passion and energy toward achieving our ‘managing data as an asset’ strategy.
As an EDM Senior Program Manager, you will be a key contributor in our company-wide transformation initiative to build-out our data foundation for success, and then scale and continuously improve it.
You will apply advanced subject-matter knowledge to solve complex business issues. Frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods. Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data require an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Lead and/or provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Exercise significant independent judgment within broadly-defined guidance and expectations to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
You will partner across one or more functional areas – IT, Supply Chain, Finance, Sales, Customer Support, Business Units – and at multiple levels of the organization, including ICs, Managers, Executives.
This is a highly collaborative role, interfacing with transformation program leaders and data owners to establish common goals and drive efficient projects toward data quality improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage with HP strategic transformation programs and functional areas to oversee and drive EDM deliverables across Governance, Data Quality, and Data Catalog. Ensure EDM milestones and deliverable are adding high-levels of value to the recipient stakeholders and organizations.
- Design, develop, and implement Data Quality Management Systems (DQMS) that span people, process, and systems that provide the framework to measure, track, improve, and communicate change.
- Ensure critical data elements meet defined standards of Accuracy, Consistency, Integrity and Completeness through Data Quality tools and processes.
- Ensure programs and organizations are complying with Data Governance standards.
- Collaboratively create and manage deliverables toward aligned program timelines, resources/staffing, and budgets
- Present data quality scorecards to management, including business impact and plans for remediation.
- Enable and drive continuous improvement, and create transparency and positive communication toward progress, accomplishments, and plans.
- Escalate for help with complex problems and issues the team needs management support to enable.
- Define key performance indicators and quality metrics
- Ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Management preferred
- 8+ years (minimum) experience in project/program management
- Experience with data quality software like SAP Information Steward, IDQ, Informatica or Talend Data Quality preferred
- Experience with ERP systems and architecture (SAP preferred)
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business/ technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Can articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Can work effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to negotiate, influence and lead
- Possesses strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior problem-solving abilities; applies good judgement
- Passion and energy toward driving and delivering toward HP’s Enterprise Data Mgmt objectives
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction, and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation among teams
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done.